Has Trump affected your life?

usgovnews24

Has Trump affected your life?

Post by usgovnews24 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:32 am

More specifically, I'm curious as to how the Trump tax cuts have affected your life? Even the government shutdown. Has that affected your life?

tbofram

Re: Has Trump affected your life?

Post by tbofram » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:12 am

This may be a different answer than expected but i didn't feel it quite deserved a whole new thread.

I'm not even in the same country that Trump is the "leader" of but there are still quite a bit of effects for Canadians. i Personally own a business in the Restaurant service industry and my business is based in a small historic city right on the US border. i actually feel that since trump has been in power there has been more tourism from both Americans (stronger US dollar having more value in Canada) and world wide tourists.

also we have been exporting a lot of used cars (but mostly pick-up trucks) back into the States.

TruthFinder
Site Admin
Referrals: 3

Post by TruthFinder » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:17 am

The pick up trucks makes sense. I was just looking for a used Truck and they aren't much lower than new at this point. I would imagine the truck exporting will continue due to the cash for clunkers that wiped out the majority of good used trucks. Also this had a impact on our economy leaving lower income folks u able to afford a car to get to and from work. And I kind of worked itself up the chain so basically everyone has some sort of newer car or truck at this point.

macrine

Post by macrine » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:13 am

It seems that Trump has affected the entire world with his narcissistic actions and words that make us feel bad why he have to become the current US president. Yeah, he affected how I view politics and how I view those who lack empathy.

TruthFinder
Site Admin
Referrals: 3

Post by TruthFinder » Tue May 07, 2019 1:05 am

I don't think empathy is what this country need right now. We need brutal honesty. We need a person that can tell you the shitty truth if its good or bad. Our country is in a spot that we may never get out of financially. The issue is that if we are financially burdened and to other countries we have given up options and that will ultimately control decisions that we as a country are able to make moving forward. Trump is making some hard decisions and not making friends along the way and that what we need. Change the deal or someone one day is not going to get paid. We have to make deals but make them something we as a country can live with.

Jerlene

Post by Jerlene » Sun May 19, 2019 5:07 pm

As far as taxes go, not much has changed. I don't like not being able to claim donations anymore though. I used to donate every single year, throughout the year, to be able to claim it at the end of the year. Now, I don't even feel like donating anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Return to “U.S. Elections”