Democrat Andrew Yang throws hat in ring for US presidential race

Andrew Yang (born January 13, 1975) is an American entrepreneur, the founder of Venture for America, and a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate. He has worked in startups and early stage growth companies as a founder or executive for nearly two decades and was appointed to public office in 2015 by the Obama administration as an Ambassador of Global Entrepreneurship.

Yang is the author of Smart People Should Build Things and The War on Normal People, about automation of labor. In Yang's current bid for the 2020 presidential nomination, one of his main campaign goals would be to implement a universal basic income (UBI) for every American adult over the age of 18.
TruthFinder
Site Admin
Referrals: 3

Democrat Andrew Yang throws hat in ring for US presidential race

Post by TruthFinder » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:09 am

Democrat Andrew Yang, a New York tech entrepreneur, has announced he wants to stand in the US presidential election in 2020. The 43-year-old Asian-American is the son of Taiwanese immigrants, and has only a slim shot at the presidency – especially against political heavyweights like Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden.

Darran
Referrals: 14

Re: Democrat Andrew Yang throws hat in ring for US presidential race

Post by Darran » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 am

No one will vote for him.

TruthFinder
Site Admin
Referrals: 3

Re: Democrat Andrew Yang throws hat in ring for US presidential race

Post by TruthFinder » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Well the target audience is currently not of age to vote. Funny though. There are a few democrats that are pushing to lower the voting age to 16. I personally fell if you are paying taxes into the system it shouldn't matter your age. Most that are paying taxes are going to be 18 or older in many cases. However there are some like myself that started working at a earlier age and while I feel if the individual wants the right to vote we should give it to them. I do not feel at that age I had a god understanding of the government and the economic policies that were in play.

Every vote counts and if you are only voting for a free $1000 in your pocket your voting for the wrong reasons. Its tough to put personal things aside and vote for what you feel is better for the country as w whole but as a citizen we have that responsibility and its our duty to make a decision that will be for at least 4 years.

I do not think he will get many votes but his ideas are some thing that is catching the attention of many without realizing where the $1000 is coming from. Sure its great to get a $1000 in the bank account without having to work for it. However is we increase the "printed" money we are just diluting the current supply and driving the prices up over time and we will find ourselves back in the same position when the market corrects to the actual supply for demand.

Return to “Andrew Yang from New York”